Sunday, January 20, 2013

Milky and Sunny: Best Pancake in Town

I think I found the best pancake in town from Milky and Sunny in Kapitolyo, Pasig. 


I've been on a hunt for the best pancake in the city. I tried lots from the wallet-busting places to the fast food joints but I'm still looking for that perfect combination of fluffiness and subtly-sweet tasting pancake. Luckily, I organized a brunch date with a friend around Ortigas area and since I want to try somewhere out of the ordinary, my online search led me to Milky and Sunny.

The Place

The breakfast joint is a mom and pop restaurant in Kapitolyo - where one of the best hole-in-the-wall places are in Manila. It is a ~30-seater restaurant with fresh, cute and quirky interiors. 


The color scheme is  white and aqua/teal with cute decorations on the wall. 


I noticed that the paintings have prices - so I guess they're for sale. 


There are only 2 servers in the restaurant when we went there on a Sunday morning and it feels like you're eating in someone else's apartment - only much rustic and rugged.

The Food

The place is a breakfast place. It serves pancakes, omelette, corned beef and all the red meat you cant think of, coffee and milkshakes! Gosh all the breakfast goodness.

Banana and Peanut Butter Pancake (~PhP 160)

Three, medium-sized pancakes stacked on top of each other with a dollop of peanut butter and banana slices in between pancakes. Perfect combination of soft pancakes with not-too sweet peanut butter and subtle flavor of banana. 


It is served with syrup.


I am coming back for this.

Tomato, Mozzarella and Pepperoni Omelette (~PhP 150)


My friend exclaims, "pizza?" Yes, reminds you of pizza. The omelette is not salty but I can't taste the mozzarella though pepperoni is generous. It's good but not remarkable. 

We also ordered coffee but it was okay.

In Summary

1. The place has a perfect brunch ambiance - fresh, laidback and well-styled. It is good for family brunch, catching up with friends and a relaxed date.

2. Pancake is good! -(",)-*wink* I'm betting everything on the menu is also good. I am curious about the milkshake.

3. Price is fair: not expensive and serving size may be good for 2 persons if you don't eat a lot.


9 East Capitol Drive
Kapitolyo, Pasig
Mon - Sun, 7am - 10pm
63.2.654.2049

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...