Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What To Do with Botched Buttercream Frosting

Whenever I am in my parent's home, I do nothing but sleep, think and stare out to nothingness. From time to time, I flex my baking skills and heat up the oven. This season, I decided to jazz up my chocolate cake with buttercream frosting.


Not from a Betty Crocker can but from scratch.


While the cake was baking in the oven, I plopped a dollop of butter in the mixing bowl, added cream then caster sugar. I forgot to check if we still have an electric mixer and lo and behold there's none. I ended up beating the mixture manually. My muscle power is clearly insufficient; the mixture I got has liquid consistency rather than your usual stiff frosting but it tastes buttery, creamy, unhealthily, and wickedly good.


So as not to waste anything, Plan B was to chill the buttercream, use half of it as cake filling then lather the rest on top and the sides. Then the cake refused to budge itself from the pan because I also over-chilled the cake for a day while thinking of a way to stiffen the buttercream (read: tinamad lang ako, so I quit and left the cake and buttercream in the fridge to chill). What I did, I generously lathered the buttercream on top and declared that my creation is chilled chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. It shouldn't be left at room temperature for more than 26 mins.


It also comes with a caution "Complaints will be entertained but those who do can opt not to eat the cake". To be fair, saved for the botched buttercream consistency, everything about it is good.

Other than the chocolate cake, I made tomato and basil spaghetti and tiramisu. With practice, I should get really good at this, who knows my cooking skills will mature by the time I get married.

Baka sakali di na kami magugutom ng magiging asawa ko.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...