Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Childhood I Never Had

I am about to make a confession. 

At 26, I don't know who Shaider, Bioman and Voltes V are.  To be fair, I know they're Japanese anime when I was a kid but that's about it. Nothing more. And the list can go on, by the way: Transformers, Daimos and oh please include Batibot. I heard about Pong Pagong. Don't ask about Ate Sienna and Kuya Bodgie, I just googled their names.


Being a child of the late 80s and early 90s, this can be considered a crime. 

This fact never fails to amaze my friends. 

I know Cynthia Luster, though! And I follow Villa Quintana. Idol ko rin si Donna Cruz. That should earn me a slack card.


Oh, I am also familiar with Teletubbies. That's because I watch it with my nephews. I suspect this started my fascination with the British accent. 


I didn't watch much TV as a child and hours were burnt reading books, playing in the yard with my cousins, piano lessons and ballet classes.


I turned out fine. At least that's what I believe in.

I am interested what your childhood is like. -(",)-*wink*

4 comments:

  1. Mostly all the shows you mentioned. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben John, I was expecting you'd add more like: Daimos, Ultraman ... etc. Wala na akong alam. Hehehe -(",)-*wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does that pic of you in a tutu say "Handog '92"? My golly, teenager nako nyan. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, 1992! -(",)-*wink* I was 6 then. Hahahaha! Okay lang, wag masyado magreact para hindi halata ang mga edad. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...