Craving for some soup in this cold weather?
One can always heat up the stove and load up on MSG with instant noodles with egg (an all time favorite of mine, btw!), go something fancy with Campbell's mushroom soup from a can or try to consume the Salami in the ref and cook some fancy soup.
Check out Person A's Pizza Soup.
Tomato, bell pepper, mushroom, basil, ground beef and the leftover salami.
It's very filling and tasty. Tomato with the herb-y taste of bell pepper and basil. It's a fancier and meatier minestrone!
Don't forget to add the mozzarella to add pizzaz!
Good with wheat pan de sal
And loads of fruits.
Fancy for the rainy day. Comfort food, too.
I asked the fiance to send me the recipe but he's kinda busy earning a living (read: to pay for our wedding and future house and the cost to raise our kids) so I looked up the recipe from Taste of Home.
You can just buy tomato sauce from the grocery instead of preparing it from scratch.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 slices French bread, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, bring the tomatoes, soup and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Mash with a potato masher. Add the pepperoni, red and green peppers, mushrooms, garlic, sage, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Ladle into ovenproof bowls. Top each with a slice of bread and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat until cheese is melted and bubbly. Yield: 10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
It's safe to say I chose well and I am very blessed. I am talking about the cooking bit and all the awesome things he do.