Monday, March 28, 2011

Today I Had A Korean Haircut

Because I feel crappy - the kind that only a good haircut can alleviate.



What I like about Park Jun's:

1. The stylist, a Korean girl, knows how to give my hair shape and volume. Yes, I now agree that Koreans are great hairstylis. I've been putting off going to a Korean salon because I'm scared I'll get a rough-layered cut. Notice the soft layers the stylist gave me.
























2. The stylist did not nag me about getting a treatment. In fact, she just said, you have beautiful natural hair, you just blow dry it. I get annoyed with the other 3 salons I go to because they always offer me the latest treatment available when the stylist knows that relatively, I got healthy hair. I just had it permed once, other than that, never chemically-treated.

3. The salon has that industrial feel similar to a French-run salon that I frequent the past year. Nothing fancy, just the way I like it. Shampoo and conditioner, I believe, is with Tigi products. Most salons prefer Tigi products because of its long-lasting, sweet smell. Water, tea, coffee and magazines are available and offered.

4. Price range is similar to foreigner-run salons. I checked the rest of the menu and hair treatment is on the cheaper side. I find that surprising. Student and children below 12 get discount.

5. All 5 stylists I saw at the place are Koreans.

The haircut made me feel better.

It always does, as long as the stylist does it right.



Park Jun's Beauty Lab
G/F Glorietta 3, Makati
819.3001

P.S. I'll tell you about the French-run salon I go to when I next visit the place. I also like the way they handle my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...