Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mr. Murakami and The Quake

This book has an eerie relevance after last week's Japan earthquake.


















It has been sitting on my desk for 2 years. I got to page 104 until I stopped reading the book. I don't get the UFO, Flatiron and Super Frog. Super Frog was the last straw.

1. I am an almost-there-fan of Mr. Murakami. The out of this world characters nor the psychologically messed up leads don't connect with me ( I find them too taxing) but once I get caught up in his story, it definitely sucks me in. Norwegian Wood is one of my favorite books.

2. After the Quake is a collection of stories written after the great Kobe earthquake in 1995 and how each character has been affected by it.

Will he be writing about the Sendai Earthquake, Tsunami and Nuclear Crisis?

Photo from http://www.exorcising-ghosts.co.uk/






















I am buying. -(",)-*wink*

P.S. I'll finish the book. I might appreciate it better this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...