Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Ring... The Lord of the Rings

I am still here -(",)-*wink*

Last week was all about spending time with friends and getting on with daily responsibilities that yesterday I took a break to do some household chores, try to catch up on the things I have to deliver until I was side-tracked with the Lord of the Rings trilogy on HBO.

Epic story aside, that's at least 8 hours of Peter Jackson goodness. After enjoying what the movie has to offer, I am now convinced to revisit Fellowship of the Ring after I started it 10 years ago. I only got to 100 pages because the narrative was too much for my 16-year-old mind. I am also looking for another series to lull the time away while I wait for Winds of Winter and Dreams of Spring. A 4-book series should be sufficient to consume my 6-months or 6-weeks (depends if I get obsessed) of how-many-more-years of wait for George Martin to finish his A Song of Ice and Fire Series. 


I am still to meet someone who doesn't love the LOTR movies. I like the movie the moment I saw it on big screen a little over 10 years ago. Although, I took it for its entertainment value, I was not in too deep the story. I haven't read the book after all. One thing I missed back then was how THE ring looks like. I know, right? Now, you can sue me!

That fact is important because Person A bought a ring for himself four years back. You see, save for a few watches, he does not own any piece of jewelry. When he saw this specific ring at a jewelry store, he was convinced to get it because it's the one - THE ONE RING, that is. His typical 6 to 12 months of thinking-looking at it-thinking again-checking the budget-looking at it again was set aside and we took home the ring.


And he's been wearing it since.

Oddly familiar?


I am tempted to take it and have the inscription engraved

"One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, 
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"

To seal the deal and just for kicks.

So, wish I can get back to reading.

And speaking of movies, I checked out the Amazing Spiderman!


It's entertaining. Andrew Garfield is adorable and Emma Stone is cute beyond words. It's a fresh take on Tobey Maguire's spidey but I can't decide which one is better. I like the latest movie because it's raw and you can see the struggle of the teenager who just got superpowers. The downside, Andrew Garfield's Peter is a bit "hyperactive/extrovert". 

Teenagers?


Do check out the movie and tell me what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...