Sunday, July 8, 2012

I Don't Believe in Make-Up: Kiehls Lip Balm #1

I have extra dry lips, the kind that cracks and bleeds when left dry. I am not kidding. If I don't apply petroleum jelly before I sleep, it's guaranteed the moment I wake up, I have a spot of blood on my lips. Hindi naman ako vampira. So the first vanity product that I own is a lip balm, at age 10. Mama bought it for me.

I have tried and tested numerous products in my 16 years as a lip balm user. As much as possible, I buy balm not gloss. I am not sure on the technicalities but I think gloss is more for vanity purposes while balm has healing and soothing benefits. Don't quote me on this.

I've used mostly Chapstick and Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm. The former provides the basic benefits while the latter moisturizes and at the same time provides a nice I've just been kissed look. However it tends to get too shiny. My perfect moisturizer is petroleum jelly but it's too sticky and you can't eat anything if you use it. It's only good for overnight use as you get the softest lips in the morning.

Out of curiosity, I tried what the rave is all about Carmex. 


At PhP 99, it sounds like a steal considering that everyone swears by it. With its moisturizing content: petrolatum, lanolin, Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Aloe Butter, Cocoa Butter and more, it has all the good stuff in it that can moisturize the lips. It gets the job done although it tends to get my lips looking shiny but pale bordering grey. I put it in the league of Body Shop Born Lippy. 

Still in search for my perfect balm, I gambled on splurging for a 15-mL tube of Lip Balm #1. 


At ~PhP 500, it contains, petrolatum, squalene, lanolin, Wheat Germ and other soothing ingredient. The consistency is that of liquid petroleum jelly without the greasy feel! It's wonderful. It makes my lips soft, supple and brings out my natural lip color which is pale pink! Hahaha! Perhaps, I am hallucinating or I am delusional.

At 35 deg C heat and with Lip Balm #1 on. 


Until I find another better lip balm, this will be on top of my list. 

Great one Kiehls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...