Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dear Makati Shangri-La

Can I say I heart you?

Just because you're parking area has this 


Every gentlemanly act counts. It's the first time I've seen an establishment with parking spaces specifically alloted for women.

You might want to ask me, "What about gender equality?" I am not big on it. I believe that each gender has a specific role: biologically and yes, in our society. Secondly, save for a few bad apples, I am surrounded by men who treat women right. My third point, in my 26 years of existence, I have not been denied of any opportunity just because I am a she. Hence, I highly appreciate that the hotel allots the spaces nearest to the hotel's entrance for women. I hate walking long distances especially in dingy basement parking area. Security concerns.

The previous paragraph does not mean that I condone maltreatment of women (or anyone for that matter) just because she gave birth to a girl when her husband hoped for a boy and she has to marry the man who raped her

Before I digress, thank you Makati Shang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...