Thursday, January 19, 2012


I don't relate well to sad love songs. 

For me to put a song on perpetual replay (read: gasgasin ang kanta at i-loop ng i-loop 24 hours a day, 7 days a week), I have to connect with the lyrics. That happens 85% of the time and the remaining 15% I like the song because of its catchy tune. God has blessed me with a wonderful and drama-free relationship so if you lurk in my iPod, it's all sweet with a dash of spice. 

The last time I had my heart broken was centuries ago and the only appropriate line I can relate to now is "I remember the boy, but I don't remember the feeling anymore." Kahit kaninong version, Lea Salonga, Joey Albert, pwede na rin Sheryn Regis!

However, there are emo songs I find hard to pass up. It's so nice to belt them out in the shower, in the car or whenever I hear the song... kahit nasa mall! LSS kung LSS! It helps as well that the lyrics tugs at one's heartstrings, so I normally sing it with feelings and with all the passion the air in my lungs can afford, kahit hindi ako heart broken.

So here are the current emo songs on my Pop loop list:

Jar of Hearts (Christina Perri)

Who do you think you are?
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Don't come back for me

Just too much Breaking Dawn and MTV going on with her. 

Someone Like You 

I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
Don't forget me, I begged, I remember you said
Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead.

I so love this song that I told Person A this will be my break-up song for him because that's how lovely a person he is. I am weird.... but at least I got a Plan B. Hahaha! I am sooo weird.

Gusto ko ng magvideoke! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...