Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Bloated (Laptop) Battery

My MacBook's battery pack is SWOLLEN! 


Since the battery is located beneath the trackpad and the keyboard wrist-rest, the bloated battery pack pushed the trackpad and keyboard making both extra-sensitive. Typing and navigating were a chore because the cursor kept on jumping points and deleting what I had typed.

I did not have the slightest clue what's happening until my trip to the Apple Service Center this afternoon. The genius suspected what was wrong with my computer right away and pointed at the battery. Indeed, it was very swollen... pregnant, swollen. 


He said that it is caused by overcharging. Hmmm... not so convinced. 


The good news is I have a perfectly functional unit, although without the battery.  The not so good news, I can get a new battery pack for PhP 7500. Bloody expensive!

Another good thing I did not purchase the battery earlier, PowerMac Greenbelt 3 doesn't have it on-stock  same case with Digital Walker, Parksquare. The latter has it for PhP 6950, with additional 10% discount for Philmug users (somehow, another Yay!). 

After doing some online research, I found out that Bloated Battery is an inherent problem with the 2006-2009 models. I got my unit sometime 2009. They had a battery exchange program that ended in 2009. 

I think the logical thing to do now is to call Apple again and see if they can help me with this problem without shelling out PhP 7000! 

Anyone with the same experience? I need help!

Please check your laptop batteries and do some due diligence on what the service center guy tells you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...