Monday, March 12, 2012

Kids and the Adorable Things They Do and Say

Last night I had dinner with a very adorable seven-year-old boy from the maple leaf country. 


Meet Alexander, Person A's cousin. 

Since he ate pizza and drank a bottle of iced tea, by the time the adults were on a seafood feast, he was already a ball of energy (read: sugar high): bantered with Person A's older brother, sang his "loading" song while waiting for some videos to load on youtube, took his own photo using my camera and occasionally danced on the chair.


We were amused and entertained.

Person A and I engaged him in a conversation and in no time we got his attention. This kid is an expert on pokemons, good thing Person A is also a subject matter expert. I am limited to Pikachu, Jigglypuff and that's it. 


To conserve our energy and while we enjoy our food, I whipped out a pen and Person A requested paper from the restaurant to give him time to do some artworks. That tamed his energy and surprisingly, he was into his masterpiece! 

What is it with kids and pens/papers? It's a foolproof way to positively release energy.

After an hour or so of secretly crafting his drawing, he came up with something like this.



Cute.

When it was time to bid goodbye, I asked him to have our photo taken. Then he whispered something in my ear. Since I didn't hear it, I asked him to repeat what he said.


Alex: Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: *laughs and points to Person A* ... know your cousin, Manong Nestee, he's my boyfriend.
Alex: Oh!

And he scuttles off.

Two things:

1. He probably thinks I am 12.
2. I am well on my way to becoming a cougar. Just kidding.

Alex made our night.

Kids and the adorable things they do and say.




P.S. Scribble is from here. Pokemon art is from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...