Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: The Dress

When news of our engagements came out,  most of my girl friends were asking me about the wedding gown. To which I replied: "I have an idea but it's not yet my concern at this point." I was not obsessed with the dress until we settled the theme, date, church and reception venue.

Although, when I started choosing the pegs, meeting the designers and reviewing designs, my princess dreams when I was 5 started coming to life: another exciting facet of being a  B-R-I-D-E. It's surreal.

I am happy to update you, my dear readers, that my wedding dress is in good hands. The design is something I really like and it's being made by someone extremely talented and I have always dreamed of wearing a creation of.

I promise to share most of our wedding partners in due time because God has blessed us with creative, talented and really nice ones. I am talking about our Invitation Designer, Wedding Gown Designer, Photographer and Videographer... and hopefully the ones we're still going to book. Until I make the big reveal of the entire experience down to the dress, allow me to share my wedding gown 2 weekends ago.


My first wedding gown.

Not bad, eh? You can never go wrong when your friends design and make it. Hahaha! I love you Chelle and Jen.

On a more serious note, here are the gowns which made my heart skipped a beat or two and they are posted on my Pinterest page.

I love the illusion neckline with the dreamy tulle

Speaking of neckline and details, how's this for something familiar but entirely unique? Metals, anyone? -(",)-*wink*


I like the blue confection, neckline and details on the waist


These 2 Jenny Packhams spell simplicity, class and elegance


For a dressier Jenny Packham, I am drawn towards the waist and belt details of this one


I can't say no to the silhouette and front detail of this Ellie Saab. I love the flow of the chiffon, too! 


Can we all give a dreamy *sigh* to the details of the back and gorgeous bagsak of the skirt


I had a great time discussing these pegs and my Pinterest page with the 2 designers I met up with. What I learned about the entire choosing-the-wedding-dress experience is you have to know what you want and the dress should speak who you are. In my case, I wanted something simple, with a single focal point and well-thought of design patterns. Casual yet polished. Romantic and whimsical. 

Some of the international designers I drew inspiration from are Ellie Saab, Amsale Aberra, Jenny Packham and the standards Vera Wang and Monique Lhuillier.

I tell you we also have awesome local designers and I will save that for a later post.

Girls, share with me your dream wedding dress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...