Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Don't Believe in Make Up: Chia Seed Watery Eye & Spot Essence

My eye bags are always on a roll. When I am sick, I oversleep and I sleep less than 7 hours, expect to see me with humongous eyebags: puffy, dark circles .... the horrendous works. 6 hours and 59 minutes doesn't make the cut - it has to be 7 hours down to the last millisecond else it will proudly show itself and tell the world that I am not getting any sleep.

I have a hate-hate relationship with my eyebags. Just to be clear about it.

I have always been vocal about my search for the best eye cream. To date, it's Shiseido White Lucent that I like the most and next to it is Kiehl's Abyssine Eye cream. From time to time, I mix it with value for money find and this time around I was brave enough to try Face Shop's Chia Seed Watery Eye and Spot Essence.


According to Face Shop, "An intensive essence exclusively for the eyes and spots. A chiffon-like soft spread and moisturization provide one-step care to dark circles around the eyes, liver spots and blemishes. Flawless care with moisture level-up around the eyes. Chia seed, which absorbs moisture 10 times its own weight, and pearl extract raise the level of moisture and provides care to troubled areas for flawless clarity. Contains 100% chia seeds water instead of water. Chia seeds water is extracted within 24 hours via the Fresh method, instead of water delivers the vitality of the highly pure chia seeds.

The consistency is very light, almost watery light and easily glides upon application. I use it once in the morning and before I sleep. I've been applying the product for roughly 2 months now and it doesn't work as well as the other eye creams I have tried. The moisturizing effect is nothing out of the ordinary, it doesn't lessen the puffiness as well as darkened portion. For ~PhP 1000/30mL tube, I am expecting more.

A little break, here's a Chia pet - some company markets a figurine which eventually grow a green carpet.


Here's the actual Chia seeds which are rich in fiber, potassium, calcium and omega-3. It has high nutritional value and is a favorite of athletes.


Going back, I still believe that the best cure for dark under eye is sleep... lotsa sleep.

Gnyt! -(",)-*wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...