Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dome Cafe: Definitely Comfort Food

I was with a group of friends who wished to dine at Bonchon Chicken and by some twist of fate, we ended up in Makati Med's ER. After the short ER stint, it was decided that we walk ourselves across the street and head to Dome Cafe.


Boy, that was one of the best dinners I've had. The food is so good that the phrase "comfort food" aptly describes Dome Cafe's menu.


When I'm happy, I celebrate at Dome.
When I'm sad, I console myself at Dome.
When I'm hungry, I dine at Dome.


Four dishes were ordered and we shared them among us.

Chicken Pot Pie (PhP 310).


Diced chicken thigh fillets with onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms in bechamel sauce covered with puffy pastry.



Once you tear off the bread, a light, tasty soup welcomes your stomach. This is the type of dish that completes a rainy day or any given day. Just perfect! If you only wish to try one dish at Dome Cafe, this got to be it.

If you opt for pasta, this Spinach Pasta (I forgot to take down the name) is also good.



The white sauce is not overpowering and blends well with the spinach and fettuccine. If you're not a fan of cream sauce (I am not. I prefer olive oil and tomato-based sauce) this can make you change your mind.

If you opt for a rice meal you can try:

Dome All Meat Plate (PhP 410).

Grilled pork, barbecue and grilled chicken, all marinated in herbs and spices with greens.


The marinade pairs well with the meat and it's grilled just right. Not well done and not rare. I can say that this is a gourmet rendition of the barbeque and inihaw sa kanto. It's also worth noting that the herbed and buttered rice pairs well with the meat dish. 

New Zealand Dory (PhP 410).


Fish is tender and the sauce adds sumptuous flavor. This is also a must try.


Carrot Cake (~PhP 100).

Cake is soft and moist. Since carrot has a subtle taste, it is complimented by the sweet buttery icing. This is worth the order and calories.



Blueberry Cheesecake (~PhP 100).

I believe we are a cheesecake nation. We just love cheesecakes hence it's difficult to find the one given the number of restaurants offering the blueberry cheesecake. This cheesecake is unique: the cheese base is soft and gelatinous with just the right amount of sweetness to compliment the salty cheese. Also a must try.



In Summary

1. The food is definitely good. If you come to this place, it's because you want to have good food. Price range is between PhP 200-400 a plate which is good for 1 person, 2 if you don't eat a lot. However, most desserts are not available and you just have to make do with what's left in the display.

2. The lighting could be improved. I find it too yellow and too warm.

3. They give GCs. We paid PhP 2000 for the bill and got PhP 200 GC. I think it's safe to assume that they offer 10% rebate. I'll definitely use the GCs soon, I am just waiting for the perfect excuse to do so.

Dome Cafe
Dela Rosa St., Legazpi Village
Makati

Shangri-La Mall
Mandaluyong

Podium
Mandaluyong

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...