Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Week That Was

I snapped a lot of interesting photos from last week that I have decided to do a random share on the things that happened instead of the more useful beauty post I plan on writing.

Let's start with our professional his and hers.


That's us wearing our minion shirt for a company event and I finally have my very own ORANGE coveralls! Woot woot! Awesome his and hers. I love chic and classic fashion pieces (ala Lanvin, Gucci and Chanel... let's pretend that I have a wardrobe full of these... heck, I don't even have a single piece) but I feel the same level of kilig wearing coveralls and safety shoes. It's the thought that you can do "rockstar" geeky industrial activities when you're wearing these Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and more often than not you get to directly contribute to the community: in the past 6 years it's about producing fuel for the power plants to generate electricity.

My niche as an adult in this society.

Enough of the serious talk and let's move on to the icing on the cake. I had the opportunity to stay at Acacia Hotel (Filinvest, Alabang, Muntinlupa).


The hotel's selling point is the room. I was luckily upgraded to a Junior suite; there's a receiving area, bathroom with tub and 2 floor to ceiling windows with a gorgeous view of Commerce Ave and Palms Country Club. I also like the soft but firm bed and the very luxurious linens. The room is truly nice and spacious. Acacia can improve a lot on the food though - the quality is not as good as what you would expect from a 5-star hotel.

From hotel stay, we go to home stay. I flew back to Dipolog and took guests to Rizal's house when he was exiled in Dapitan.


If you are in Dipolog, it's worth the trip to head to Rizal Park in Dapitan to see how he spent his exile years and visit the quaint compound he stayed at. You can walk around the main house, his kitchen, the dormitory of his students, the trees he planted and with the number of insects buzzing around - you'd totally understand why he alloted time on studying them. You also get to see the photos of his ladyloves and a number of his clothes are on display. The sunset view is priceless, btw.

Then I decided to climb the Lovers Rock - where he famously pined for Josephine Bracken. I invited Person A to join me and do a death defying pose. One slip could result to a fatal fall: all for the glory of the profile pic.


Then I road-tested with the 'rents my just-discovered Miss Universe pose. Tsk. Tsk. Stop the meaning of this!?! Looks like I am losing it.


I'd like to leave you with our super fun jump shots with the Dapitan sunset.


I tell you, our version of sunset bursts of colors and is gorgeous. World class!

Another possibly busy week ahead but the weekend reminded me that family, friends and a dose of childlike disposition make life beautiful.

Awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...