Saturday, February 8, 2014

Snippets of Married Life

I find it sweet that friends ask how married life is. Having been together for 8 years before settling down, transitioning to married life is a breeze.  I shared with Person A that the first few weeks of our marriage are the best days of our relationship ... YET. Though, if you ask him, he has a wittier answer that comes in different versions depending on the audience. 

After the blue-and-calorie-filled honeymoon


We slipped into routine by doing the laundry and dusting off our place. 
A trip to the grocery store is always a favorite activity.


Then the husband whipped up a few Malaysian/Indian dishes - inspired by the food trip stop we did in KL. 


When laziness kicks in, dinner is wine and cheese. Tasty, easy to prepare and again, inspired by the wine and cheese gorging we did on the island - 3 times a day. 


Cheese monsters. 

Person A booked us a couple of seats in the most talked about show in town - these days, at least. I loooove Wicked. All my life, I've been hoping to hear Defying Gravity live. On stage. It happened. 


Can I share, that this song is one of my favorite pick-me-uppers? -(",)-*wink*

"Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap!
It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!"


What's more, the show we watched was the benefit show for Yolanda victims so a live auction followed after the show with Tessa Prieto hosting (she's so funny!) and the cast showed up on stage again.


Happy wife. Happy life. 

Yes, life is still full of lemons but I just put on my lipgloss and make a glass of lemonade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...