Friday, May 4, 2012

It's A Brogues Life

I gravitate towards anything classic, clean and pretty. Classic translates to something that I will still wear when I am 40. Yeah, I am that forward-looking and Manang-ish, no regrets on the latter.

Getting dressed for work on a daily basis is also no fuss: long pants is a must, we have company uniform and when it comes to footwear: feet covered and no sky-high heels are a norm. Thus, I go with ballet flats, trainers (yes, i can go to work in my trainers!) and if I wanna glamour up a bit, I do wedges. It's a man's world after-all.

Ballet flats is my top choice: it's pretty and classy, 


however for the past year I've been thirsting to get my first pair of brogues! 


The brogue is a style of low-heeled shoe characterized by multiple-piece, sturdy leather with decorative perforations known as "brogueing" and serration along the edge. Modern brogues trace their roots to a rudimentary shoe originating in Scotland and Ireland that was constructed using untanned hide with perforations that allowed water to drain from the shoes. Wingtip and oxfords are the more popular type of these shoes.

I've always loved brogues on men. Person A's kagwapuhan shoots up to the sky when he wears brogues with his suit and his more formal wear. Think Hugo Boss.



Person A is all for my hunt for the perfect brogues. He agrees that I can wear the shoes with dress, shorts and pants. 

Ala this....


And this...


I like it because it looks good without being too girly ... leaning towards a mix of pretty and androgynous. Finally, I gave in and got my first pair because I was in the mood for some retail therapy. For the last three days, I wore the camel-colored pair to work. I love it.



Though rocking the sock-less look requires some medical help.


Looks like I'll be getting my next pair. 

Photos are from  here, here, and here,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...