Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Read

I dropped by the bookstore to get myself a Christmas gift.


Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. Since its October 24 release, I've been eyeing to get a personal copy. If you've been following me, I am a fan of Steve Jobs. What's special with this biography is Mr. Jobs cooperated with this book: based on 40 interviews with the genius and more than a hundred with family members, friends, colleagues and competitors. He asked for no control over what was written nor even the right to read it before it was published. 

Then Walter Isaacson wrote the book.


He has been the chairman of CNN and managing editor of Time magazine. He has written the biography of Einstein and Franklin. When Steve Jobs requested Mr. Isaacson to write his biography, the author wondered whether Mr. Jobs saw himself as the natural successor of Einstein and Franklin.

I want the book because I want to understand what makes Steve Jobs tick.

Here's a page from the book.



This makes him human.

That and he reminds me of Leonard Hofstadter in his younger years. It's the smile and the sparkle in their eyes.


I am excited to leaf through page 1. What are you getting yourself this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...