Monday, July 18, 2011

I Don't Believe In Make-Up: Eye Cream Edition

I don't believe in make-up, but I do believe in great skin care products.

By skin care products, I mean creams that keep the skin supple, refined and minimize the pores. I have nothing against make-up but I just like to wear my skin bare. 

Nothing beats natural glow.



See how happy I am in this photo. It may be because I am with Person A. Cheesy! =P I am not saying I got the best skin but I don't get break outs, the pores are not noticeable and the skin tone is even. 

For my face, I cleanse, tone, moisturize and apply under eye cream. You see, I have periorbital dark circles (eyebags) which are caused by visible blood vessels under the skin and most likely it is hereditary. 



For this post, let me share with you my favorite eye creams. I apply them twice a day, both under the eye and the lids. In choosing eye creams, I prioritize: hydrating, lightening (that's my biggest problem) then anti-ageing (ack! I don't want crow's feet to appear prematurely!).

Kiehl's is my preference when it comes to face care products. I am a proud Kiehl's user for four years (read: the same time I started working, surely my college allowance is not sufficient to buy me a bottle of their product).

Kiehl's products are available at their boutique in Greenbelt 5 and SM-Mall of Asia. I haven't tried purchasing at SM-MOA but the Greenbelt 5 branch's service is superb.


After a couple of weeks using their Ultra line, I noticed that all my pores reduced in size resulting to finer skin. Also, they give samplers if you buy any product or ask for one. The sales lady was extra nice to me earlier since she gave me 7 samplers! -(",)-*wink*


The eye cream samplers


And the moisturizer samplers

Am I lucky these days or what?

My choice for eye cream is the "Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado". Its main function is to hydrate and my eye bags are not as huge after using the product. It's not as also as expensive as other products in this class. The consistency is very rich.


If I have more money to spare, I get the "Abyssine Eye Cream+". Trust me, this product does wonders. The eye bags magically disappear. Its main function is anti-ageing and the magic ingredient is derived from microorganisms from hydrothermal vents in the Galapagos Island! This one is a splurge for me so I don't use it often.

 Another favorite is Mario Badescu "Hyaluronic Eye Cream". My eyes don't look tired and the eye bags are not as heavy after using this product. It primarily hydrates and doesn't use heavy greasy oils.

Mario Badescu products are available at Rustan's Makati. A tip: you can ask for samplers as well from the sales assistant. They get the samples from the Tester pots and put it in small pots. Great one Rustan's! Shhh... I shouldn't have shared this information.


If I don't have the budget I go to these two products:

Body Shop's Vitamin E Eye Cream. This is easily half the price of the other creams. Study shows that Vitamin E can greatly reduce dark circles. This isn't also as creamy as the other products but its effect on my skin is good enough.


Olay's Total Effect's Eye Cream. Surprisingly, this product works for me and it's relatively cheaper too. I think the main function of this product is to prevent wrinkles. It has gold dusts giving your eyes that extra glow. 


Yes, I like my eye creams more than eye shadows, eye liners and mascara. Though, I believe that 8 full hours of sleep, 2 liters of water and a happy disposition give your eyes the brightest glow.

And that's definitely for free.

7 comments:

  1. Luvet! Thanks for the info Sol. This is very informative. I've been wanting to use eye cream for the longest time. I just don't know where to start. Was tempted to buy Body Shop's Vit E Eye Cream but needed some confirmation if it really works on Asian skin. Now it's confeeermed! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sol, so, I was thinking of surgery. But maybe i should try this first. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tot! -(",)-*wink* Try this one first before you do surgery, I am not a fan of invasive procedure. -(",)-*wink* And if you have a good eye cream, kindly let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been really looking for great eye creams that can do wonders on my eye bags and inherited dark under eye circles. Although I have read that creams couldn't really be of a big help if these are inherited, I think these may actually diminish a bit of it, paving the way to a more luminous skin under the eyes. I'll probably try Kiehl's. I have tried using Olay but it didn't work out well enough. Thanks for the info, Sol. Really nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Rose :) What works best for me is sleep... at least 8 hours of sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    What pore minimizing toner would you recommend for people with large pores? Thanks!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pauline :) thanks for dropping by.... I can only share my experience but what works on my skin are Kiehl's Ultra Toner and Shiseido The Skincare/Ibuki :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...